Career as a Musician
What Does Musician Do?
Musicians may compose, conduct, sing, perform, orchestrate and arrange music in a variety of different styles. They may also be talented and skilled in playing one or several musical instruments.
They play instruments or sing for live audiences and in recording studios. Variety of styles, such as classical, jazz, opera, hip-hop, and rock may be performed.
Activities They Do?
- Musicians may perform as solo artists, in bands, choirs, and orchestras either in front of live audiences or in record room
- As a music composers, they write and direct original music used for the movie or song
- As a music director, direct set of performers to ensure unified music
- Travel to performance venues
- Maintain a website or social media presence, do photoshoots and interviews to promote their careers
Areas They Work?
- Film industry
- Bands & music shows
One can enter this career by formal diploma/degree program in various courses related to music or informal training by experts.
The salary varies as per the role played by the musician. An average musician with 1-4 years’ of experience gets 4-5 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Diploma/UG
- Students 25
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self