Career in Nanotechnology
What is it?
The branch of technology that deals with dimensions and tolerances of less than 100 nano-meters, especially the manipulation of individual atoms and molecules.
It can be applied to diverse areas like designing medical diagnostic devices , building better batteries, creating cosmetics, enhancing energy efficient windows, auto and plane manufacturing, and researching the nature of matter itself.
Activities they do?
- Work around the smallest, most amazing fragments of science
- From storing and altering things on the cellular level, to creating new, tiny pieces of electronics
- Create new and improved ways of watching out and improving the environment by creating innovative ways to test for contaminants and pollutants in the air, ground, and water
- Develop solutions for repair/treatment at cellular level
- Develop procedures to detect contamination
Areas they Work?
- Consultations & Academic Institutions
- Government Organizations
- Metallurgical Companies
- Electronics/semiconductor industry
- Environmental monitoring, control,remediation
One can enter this career by doing Diploma/UG in any branch and then study this as an added course.
The average salary for the Nanotechnology engineer professional ranges from 5-6 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self