Career in Naturopathy
What is it?
Naturopathy is a healthcare medium that propagates and exercises the use of natural therapies for healing process. It uses natural healing techniques such as acupuncture, homeopathy, herbal medicines, sun bath, dietary therapy, massage, hydrotherapy etc. Along with curing a person, a naturopathy professional also induces a sense of well-being in the patient through various dietary changes and exercise. The main areas of naturopathy are physical therapy, psychotherapy counseling and nutrition and dietetics.
Activities they do?
- Investigate the health history ,dietary choices of a patient
- Design diet programs that induce good health and wellness in the patient
- Prescribe nutrition therapy to treat a particular disease
- Help patients to reorganize their lives to tackle stress and depression
- Prescribe plans to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy on a cancer patient
Areas they Work?
- Community health centers
- Private practice
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of AYUSH
Post completion of 10+2, a student can opt for Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) degree. There are many private and public colleges that offer this course.
The average annual compensation for a Naturopathy professional is around per 2-4 lacs per annum. Nowadays experienced professionals in Naturopathy, especially the ones who work in spas and resorts can make 10-12 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes