Career as Network Architect
What is it?
Network Architects are responsible for the planning and design of data and communications networks. The responsibilities of the roles will overlap in some organizations, especially in startups and SMBs.
- Software analysts and developers.
- Computer scientists and computer engineers.
- Research scientists and engineering consultants
Activities They Do?
- Design computer networks, including local/wide area networks (LANs/WANs) and intranets.
- Compare and purchase network hardware, such as routers, switches, modems and firewalls.
- Research and implement network software, such as network drivers and monitoring applications.
- Work closely with the CTO and other executives to align network design with organizational goals.
- Design and integrate VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and other telecommunications systems.
Areas They Work?
- Cyber security
- Private companies
- Independent developers
- Academic institutions
- Web Designing
One can enter this career by doing Diploma/UG/PG in Software Development and take Network as an added course.
An average salary for the Network Architect professional is around 7-8 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes