Career in New Media
What is it?
New media as a field is a quantum leap from traditional media platforms such as newspapers and magazines to new age digital technology.
Media today lives in the form of various social media platforms like Facebook, short films, creative blogs etc.
In today’s digital age new media encompasses various dynamic fields starting from web development, digital media writers, digital marketing to documentary film makers.
Activities they do?
- Creating and maintaining websites
- Animation, Graphic designing and 3D Modeling
- Music direction for various advertisements, short films
- Public relation specialists
- Digital Media Content Developers
Areas they Work?
- Marketing Agencies
- Online news portals
- Media organizations (Includes newspapers, magazines etc.)
- Marketing departments of Corporations
A bachelor’s degree in an area like mass communication and journalism is a good start for a career in New Media. Further an MBA in Marketing can also be done.
The average salary in New Media is domain dependent on the organization and the job profile. For eg. A content writer earns around 2.5-3.5 lacs per annum. A graphic designer earns in range of 2.5-3 lacs per annum on an average.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self