Career in Nursing
What is it?
The profession of nursing comes under the domain of healthcare. Nurses work in various healthcare facilities and look after the patients. They are responsible for carrying the initial diagnosis of a patient and drawing up a plan for the primary treatment before the doctor checks the patient. They coordinate with both patient and doctor and actively monitor and record changes in a patient’s condition.
Based on the formal training and education there are different types of nurses such as geriatric and retirement nurses, nurse midwife, intensive care nurses etc
Activities they do?
- Understand a patient’s current health condition and medical history
- Monitor a patient’s condition and perform tests and administer his medicines
- Apprise the doctor from time to time about the patient’s condition
- Handle medical equipment
- Educate the patient’s family about his condition
- Prepare a patient both mentally and physically for a surgery
- Assist patients in tasks such as bathing, feeding and walking in case of any disability or injury that has made the patient immobile or weak.
Areas they Work?
- Public and private hospitals
- Military facilities
- Old age homes
Post 10+2 with biology as one of the subjects, one can pursue a B.Sc. and then a M.Sc. in nursing.
The average salary for a Social Worker is around 2-3 lac per annum. With experience the earning may increase.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self