Career in Philosophy
What is it?
A philosopher, learns different modes of thought from disparate cultures and time periods, attempting to solve the fundamental questions of human existence.
Philosophy as an academic discipline covers in-depth study of all issues that concern mankind. Philosophy develops intellectual and emotional abilities crucial for self-fulfillment, responsible participation in public life, and success in a wide range of careers.
Following are various areas of study in Philosophy:
- Ethics, social and political philosophy, and aesthetics— study of the good life, justice, and beauty.
- Metaphysics, philosophy of mind, and philosophy of religion— study of the nature of reality, mind, body, and the meaning of life and death.
- Epistemology, philosophy of science, and logic— study of the nature of knowledge, truth, objectivity, and principles of sound reasoning.
Activities they do?
- Provide lectures at academic institutions
- Engage in research and study of various branches of philosophy
- Design surveys and visit field to collect primary data while in NGOs
- Participate in debates on current issues
- Write columns/articles in newspapers and magazines/journals
Areas they Work?
- Public sector units
- Research centers
- Recruitment consultants
UG/PG/Ph.D courses in Philosophy may be pursued.
Academicians in this field earn an average of 1-3 lacs per annum at the entry level. Salaries rise with experience. Also, the prospects are much higher abroad as the field offers relatively more opportunities developed in the developed countries.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes