Career in Photo and Video Journalism
What is it?
Photojournalism involves covering a story with powerful pictures just like a journalist does with his words. It enables journalists to design information in a creative manner and reach communities. Here, photos and not just printed text are a predominant medium of conveying information.
Photojournalist constantly carries their photographic equipment with them even in difficult terrains to report a story. When journalists start editing and shooting their own videos it takes the form of video journalism. They make their own stories, and have ownership of it.
Activities they do?
- Capture all newsworthy events happening around the world
- Carry camera equipment around such as camera, charger, batteries, external light source etc.
- Produce video news script
- Develop a powerful story
- Provide notes and references verifying the research work
Areas they Work?
- Media houses
- World agencies such as UN, UNICEF etc.
- Advertising and Public relations
A degree in mass media, journalism or certification in photography is required to venture into this field. They must also take up courses to become skilled writers.
A photojournalist/Video journalist earns 4-6 lacs per annum. However, along with the freelance projects, this remuneration will increase considerably.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes