Career in Political science
What is it?
Political science is a subset of social sciences. It involves an in-depth study and analysis of government, various political parties, public policies and political behaviour.
They understand the dynamics between state and society, political motives of various groups and social structure of the society.
A few subfields of political science are: International relations, Public administration, Political theory, Philosophy, sociology, economics, history etc.
Activities they do?
- Study exchange and power transfer in various governance systems
- Study public opinions of various ruling and non-ruling parties and their active members
- Assess the policies implemented by the government
- Publish opinions about all political happenings in an objective manner
- Study national and international business and understand the working of the economy
- Report their opinion in media on various current happenings
Areas they Work?
- International organisations & Think tanks
- Various media houses & Market research firms
- Political parties as campaign managers
- Public administration and NGOs
- Academic and research institutions
One can enter this career by completing their graduation degree (B.A) in political science. Many institutes offer post graduate and diploma programmes in political science
The average salary for an entry level political scientist is between 1.5-2.5 lacs per annum. Experienced individuals can expect a significant salary surge.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level PG
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes