Career in Project Management
What is it?
A project manager holds the collective responsibility of designing, planning and executing an infrastructure project.
A project manager has to encounter budget and time constraints and hence has to design optimized plans to ensure quality implementation. While doing so, he has to coordinate with various departments/stakeholders for timely completion of a project.
Activities they do?
- Design objective of the project along with the budget
- Identify early risks and work on mitigating them
- Ensure smooth communication to all stakeholders of the project
- Analyse market demands and identify new opportunities from time to time
- Understand the scope of the project and make a schedule accordingly
Areas they Work?
- Construction sector
- Real estate development
- Public sector infrastructure projects
A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering is required. One can also complete an MBA post bachelors for higher growth in this field. Professional certifications in project management are also available.
The average salary of project manager ranges from 2.5-3 lacs per annum at entry level to 24 lacs at highly experienced level. A good industry experience helps to increase the pay in the field of quality assurance.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes