Career in Public Policy
What is it?
Public policy professionals are involved in understanding complex public problems and designing effective solutions for the same. A public problem may be something as basic as garbage crisis in the neighbourhood, potholes on the roads or the dominance of money power in elections.
Through the public policy system, the government of any country addresses the grievances of its citizens.
Interest and Involvement of NGOs, private and voluntary sector agencies and consultancies besides, the government has created the need for trained public policy experts who could navigate the complex terrain of public institutions and policies.
Activities they do?
- Continuous verification and evaluation of the policies
- Take all stakeholders into consideration before finalising any policy
- To evaluate efficiency of solution applied to any issue
- Offer professional advice to organisations engaged in finding solutions to such issues
Areas they Work?
- International non-governmental agencies
- UN agencies
One can enter this career by doing their bachelors and further pursuing their Masters in public policy and sustainable development.
The average annual compensation for a professional working in Public policy is 7-9 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self