Career in Radio Jockey
What is it?
A radio jockey (RJ) works for a music station and selects & broadcasts music for the audience.
They also work on interviewing the guests, commenting on the current happenings to provide entertaining experience on air for the audience and as voice-over artist or anchors for the events.
Activities They Do?
- Understand the music to air and do the scripting before the show
- Stay updated on the current happenings in town
- Conduct the guest interviews on air
- Deliver the show along with commentary on same
- Promotion and advertising of the sponsors
- As voice-over artist provide voice to advertisements.
Areas They Work?
- Radio channels
- Event companies
One can enter this career by doing certificate/diploma program in Radio Production or UG program in Mass Communication.
At the entry level, salaries are 1.2-1.8 lacs per annum and with reputation it’s in the range of 4-5 lacs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self