Career in Rural development
What is it?
Rural development is a process of improving the standard of living of the population residing in rural areas. This process of improvement is carried out in a very broad sense with respect to economical, technological and socio-cultural aspects.
Rural developers work on ensuring effective administration by the local governing bodies. They focus on improving the infrastructure to facilitate better growth of villages.
Rural development also focuses on extracting villages from isolation and integrating them with the national economy.
Activities they do?
- Design and execute various welfare services and schemes to increase employment and agricultural growth
- Planning and development of the area
- Scale the infrastructure to new heights
- Establish educational institutions
- Create employment opportunities
- Create a sustainable economic growth in villages
- Design programmes to empower women and encourage
Areas they Work?
- Ministry of rural development
- Non -governmental organisations
- Various ministries in the government such as agricultural, health, family welfare and panchayati raj.
- Gram Sabhas and Self-help groups
One can enter this career by first completing their bachelor of arts in rural development. There are diplomas and Masters (MBA)designed for rural development & Rural Management and finance.
One can expect a starting salary somewhere around Rs 1.5-2 lacs per annum. With experience, can consider a shift to a metro or city for planning and development work which would surely bring a better salary package.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes