Career in Sales and Business Development
What is it?
A business developer works on increasing the growth of his business by acquiring new customers and providing additional services to the existing customers. They also develop their services to expand their outreach and create marketing strategies.
This involves forming partnerships with other companies to increase sales and maintain fruitful relations with them.
The sales team is involved with closing a deal between two parties which might involve demonstrating new product, selling various services and drafting final contracts.
Activities they do?
- Identify new business opportunities by finding out potential markets and customers
- Contacting these potential customers and initiating relations with them
- Preparing power point presentations for various client meetings
- Negotiating with potential buyers
- Setting sales goals and developing team strategies to achieve them
- Attending various conferences and meetings to meet new clients and keeping oneself updated about the new trends
Areas they Work?
- Marketing teams of different sectors ranging from banking to food industry.
Post completion of graduation one can take up a master’s in business administration and specialize in marketing.
The average salary of business developer ranges from 5-7 lacs per annum. The salary of a sales manager also lies around in the same range. Experience and incentives play a crucial role in determining the salary in this profession.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes