Career in Search engine optimization
What is it?
Search engine optimization is a field associated with digital marketing. It is a process by which various companies attempt to increase their search engine rankings.
It involves designing various strategies and methods through which the traffic of a website increases and it is placed among one of the highest ranking search results.
SEO also works on matching the query content on different search engines to that present on the website in order to increase the number of clicks on that particular webpage by the user.
Activities they do?
- Identify trending keyword patterns and work on broadening the scope of prime keywords
- Focus on link building strategies as the more links direct to your company’s webpage the more popular and high ranked the website becomes
- Monitor website analytics and pay-per click initiatives
- Work with the content development and editorial team to polish the content and identify target keywords
Areas they Work?
- Digital Media agencies
- In digital marketing teams of various organisations
- Public relations management
- Event management firms
A Bachelors background in Computers would be beneficial. Google certification and building a portfolio of SEO work can act as an advantage in the long run.
A SEO analyst gets an average salary of around 2-3 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes