Career in Social Work
What is it?
Social work as a profession involves looking after the welfare of various communities, families and individuals in a variety of aspects.
Social workers empower the vulnerable section of the society in social and legal affairs and help to improve their lives. They support people who suffer from oppression, abuse and uplift them.
It is an interdisciplinary profession associated with economics, psychology, criminology, sociology etc.
Social work is one of the noblest professions to pursue.
Activities they do?
- Identify people who require aid, understand their needs and grievances
- Help people recover from traumatising events such illness, divorce, abuse etc.
- Assist people with disabilities and eventually make them independent
- Work with policymakers to design policies that will benefit the society
- Participating in various meets and conference for causes such as mental healthcare, child abuse etc.
Areas they Work?
- Government agencies
- Health service trusts
- Voluntary and independent agencies
- Mental health clinics
- Social service departments
Bachelor’s degree /Diploma in social work is required to venture in this stream. An interested candidate can pursue Masters too in the same stream. Even candidates from various other streams take part in developmental work.
The average salary for a Social Worker is around 2-3 lac per annum. With experience and field work the earning may increase.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes