Career in Sociology
What is it?
Sociology is a study of how the society functions, the social changes that humans undergo with time and various social interactions between individuals/societies.
Sociology also studies culture, social values, conflict, power exchange, inequality, deviance, social control, violence and order. Sociologists study the structure of various groups and organizations in a society and their impact.It is an interesting field and helps an individual understand the mankind better.
Activities they do?
- Work as social workers for community development in various institutes
- Work in counseling and therapy roles to relieve people of alcohol and substance abuse, depression and trauma
- Child development in primary and secondary schools
- Track societal development by working in public services
- Picking target audience by studying various demographics and creating campaigns accordingly in media houses
- Venture into local and national politics
Areas they Work?
- Research institutes,
- Public health and welfare organizations
- International agencies,
- Educational institutions
- Survey and Polling organizations
Once can pursue a B.A in sociology followed by a M.A in the same field. An interested candidate can further pursue a Ph.D./M.Phil. in sociology.
A sociologist makes around 1.5-2 lacs per annum on an average at a beginner level. With experience the pay gradually increases.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self