Career in Supply Chain Management and Logistics
What is it?
Logistics involves procurement, distribution, maintenance, and inventory management for goods and services in an organisation.
Supply chain management refers to the management of the flow of goods and services through the entire network of suppliers to the end consumers. It even involves activities like marketing, new product development, finance, and customer service apart from the traditional logistics.
SCM focuses on fulfilling client demands by the most efficient use of resources, design and management of supply chains.
Activities they do?
- Track the raw material movement from source to required area
- Design optimal service delivery system
- Have an in-depth understanding of functions other than manufacturing such as quality management, customer service part etc.
- Test new systems to achieve the target in minimal time
- Keep oneself aware of changes in the production and logistics field
Areas they Work?
- Retail industry
- Manufacturing industry
- FMCG sector
- Health Care sector
- Transport and logistics firms
- E-commerce sector
After graduation one can pursue an MBA and specialise in operations. Else one can complete their masters in supply chain management.
A SCM manager gets an average salary of 6-7 lacs per annum. For a salary hike one must have a good industry experience in this field.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self