Career in Textile Design
What is It?
Textile designing career involves creating fabric designs for printed, woven or knitted materials. The designers are also involved with the production of these designs.
Textile Designer always works in collaboration with fashion designers in fashion industry or interior designer for the interior design purposes.
Activities They Do?
- Carefully understand the use of the fabric
- Attend trade shows and events to know the trends
- Select the fabric as per the end use
- Create the structure and design using pencil or software
- Supervise the production of the fabric as per need
Areas They Work?
- Textile Manufacturers
- Fashion Design Studios
- Retail stores
- Interior designs
One can enter this career by doing Certificate/Diploma/UG/PG program in textile design and technology.
A textile designer get salary of 3-5 lacs per annum based on experience.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Diploma/UG/PG
- Students 25
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self