Career in Training/Learning and Development
What is it?
Training and development also called as Learning and development is the area that focuses on developing the skills and learning potential of human resources in an organisation. This is primarily done to increase the productivity of employees, their contribution to the organisation and their personal growth.
Learning, training and development are very crucial for business growth of any organisation as it involves re-skilling of human resources from time to time in order to stay updated with new technology, equipment and functions.
Learning and development activities are generally undertaken by the human resource management team in collaboration with the team heads.
Activities they do?
- Collaborate with different team heads to chalk out training programs
- Supervise and administer training programs and ensure participation from employees
- Research and assess training resources and recommend novel ideas to make the learning area more dynamic
- They also design training programmes at senior manager level to help them understand the role of staff working under them
Areas they Work?
- HR Departments of Private companies
- HR Consulting firms
- Independent consulting to various corporates
One can enter this career by doing a BBA (Bachelor of business administration) or a MBA(Master of business administration) In Human Resources management.
The average salary for a learning and development professional is around 6 lacs per annum. The salary ranges between 4 lacs to 21 lacs based on industry experience.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self