Career in Transportation Design
What is It?
Transportation design is a profession involved in ideating and developing new concepts of mobility that satisfy the emerging needs of the users. This career mostly revolves around automobiles and includes buses, motorcycles, vans, trucks and coaches.
While designing various models these professionals have to take care of factors such as aesthetics, safety, costing, functionality etc.
The designers work with automotive concept design ,public transportation , aircraft interior etc.
Activities They Do?
- Designers prepare sketches, renderings, and 3D CAID proposals for client review
- Work with other disciplines in the development of scale and full size clay models
- Work with program engineering teams in the development of feasible high quality products based on the designs
Areas They Work?
- Automotive industry
- Custom Design Companies
- Aircraft manufacturers
- Rapid Transit Industries
- Aerospace industry for spacecraft designing
- Shipbuilding Industry for marine vessel designing
One can enter this career by doing UG/PG program in industrial/transportation design.
A transportation designer may get a salary of 4 lacs – 8 lacs per annum based on the experience.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level UG/PG
- Students 26
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self