Career in Veterinary Science
What is it?
Veterinarians diagnose and treat diseases, disorders and injuries in animals and advise methodologies for prevention of ailments and their well being.
Career in Veterinary Science revolves around the following areas of work:
- Livestock-Production, Management and Product Technology
- Surgery and Radiology-Veterinary Surgeries and Radiology
- Animal Husbandry-Management and care of farm animals
- Medicine-Veterinary Clinical Medicines
- Biochemistry/Microbiology-Biochemistry and Microbiology studies for Vets
Activities they Do?
- Examine Sick and injured animals and perform diagnostic tests
- Examine tissue and samples of sick animals to identify the cause of disease
- Vaccinate and operate on animals to prevent diseases
- Advise owners and breeders about animal health and care
- Notify authorities on any outbreak of animal diseases
- Promoting the welfare of animals by assisting in public education programmes, workshops, campaigns etc.
Areas they work?
- Animal Hospitals
- Veterinary Clinics
- Animal Research Labs
- Animal Rescue centers
- Zoos, Farms
Bachelors of Veterinary Science and Animal Healthcare (B.VSc. & AH) or any science related bachelors programme in fields like zoology, biochemistry, molecular biology etc. may be done. Thereafter, DVM(Doctor of veterinary medicine) program is recommended post one needs to obtain a license to practise.
A Veterinarian gets paid in the range of 2-6 lacs per month based on experience and the type of work done.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level UG/PG
- Language Moderate
- Students 25
- Assessments Self