Career in VFX and Special Effects
What is it?
VFX or Visual Effects are a way of mixing real film shooting with false or animated images to give a sense of reality. For e.g. an actor jumping into a waterfall in film is shown using the VFX.
Visual effects using computer-generated imagery (CGI) have become increasingly common in big-budget films and typically used for creating environment which would be difficult to shoot in reality
Activities they do?
- Pre-visualization- preliminary versions of shots or sequences predominately using 3D animation tools and a virtual environment is generated
- Rotoscoping – involves tracing of live picture, frame by frame to be used later in animated films
- Keying – used to give live effects and rich backgrounds to live footage taken in front of a blue/green screen
- Color Corrections – adjust the video color, correct specific issues, such as removing or adding shadows
- Particle Simulation – create sophisticated, realistic effects such as water, fire, spray and snow
- Motion tracking – enable a seamless interaction between the physical and the digital world
- Set extension – applying color and surface textural properties to all 3D characters and set models
- Matte Painting – create Digital Matte Paintings that are virtual backgrounds
Areas they Work?
Certification/Diploma courses in VFX/Animation.
At an entry level, one can expect Rs.2-2.5 lacs per annum and once you gain adequate experience, anything from a lakh to a couple of lakhs per month can come your way.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes