Career in Web Development
What is it?
Web Development involves designing and then building a website which is then a part of internet. The code behind the website determines what a user will experience when he is directed to the particular webpage.
Web development also involves designing codes which are executed on web servers which is a part of server side scripting.
Web development includes looking after both technical and presentation aspect of a website.
Activities they do?
- Understanding the client’s needs for their web page.
- Writing code for the website using various programming languages
- Collaborating with a graphic or web designer and work on the aesthetic appeal of the website
- Regularly monitor the website traffic
- Ensure that the website is functional on all web browsers
Areas they Work?
- IT industry
- Freelancing or independent consulting
- In various companies (public and private) to run their website
- Media agencies
A bachelor’s degree in courses such as computer application, computer science or information technology is necessary. Proficiency in various software development languages is highly expected from a Web developer.
A Web developer gets a salary of around 1.5-1.8 lacs per annum at an entry level. With good experience the salary might go up to 6-7 lacs and even more.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes